Labels

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Still Having Issues with Netgear G54/N150 Micro Adapters

I hate to say it but I might have to move on with this development.  I have not been able to get a functioning 8188cus driver to run in the RPi despite trying just about every known driver setup program that is out there.  I don't know what is happening here.  It seems like the newest versions of the Raspbian OS are not able to take the 8188cus driver and allow it to run.  I keep having the rtl8192cu come up in its place and that one does not allow the iw utilities to run with it.

Out of all of the 802.11n based adapters, the Netgear G54/N150 Micro was the one that worked out of the box without any changes.  But it seems that the rtl8192cu driver does not allow the adapter to perform all of it's intended functions.