Labels

Friday, September 18, 2015

SynthBoost Project #3 - Working Multiple Use Cases

I have been working on getting a work router ready for use with an RPi. The idea is to have two wifi adapters and make use of the Ethernet port. One of the wifi adapters (work subnet) connects to my work network and the second (home1 subnet) provides a wifi access point. The Ethernet port is used to provide a different subnet (home2 subnet) separate from the home1 subnet but still connecting through the work subnet. The home1 subnet provides a web server providing various setup functions. The home2 subnet is used to provide a wireless capability to a laptop. I have the work and home1 subnet so set up and am almost able to use the Ethernet port with the home2 subnet.  I am currently having issues with being able to separate out the two homex subnets.  I currently use hostapd and isc-dhcp-server for dhcp ip address resolution.

I am going to make use of the web server through a 7" tablet for the midi functions. The tablet will be used to provide a touch capability to select and control different capabilities.

More Later.