Labels

Thursday, December 10, 2015

CC #7 - Finally settled on a partial solution

I modified the FIOS TV setup - I now have reduced the Extreme package down to the Custom TV package.  In addition, I have dumped the FIOS DVR and STB rental for a TiVo Bolt and 2 TiVo Minis.  The Bolt serves as the DVR in my setup and the two Minis are able to stream the shows and set the tuners (4 on the Bolt vs. 2 on the FIOS DVR) to stream TV.  The entire setup is running on Ethernet (the Media VLAN) through my house.  This is actually predicted to run about $70 per month less than my current Verizon bill.  I also went from 25/25 to 50/50 on the internet.

Update: I have had a chance to get a couple of bills since I posted this.  The difference between what I was paying and what I am paying now amounts to about $80 since my bill was over $200 per month.  So I am reasonably happy now with the new setup - and the wife seems to be happy as well.  I'm not missing paying the Sports Fee every month.