Labels

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Weather Station Project #25 - Back to the Drawing Board

Well, it looks like there is a major problem with my assumptions.  Take a look at the following graph:


The red line is the sample from my UV sensor and the green line is the sample from the PWS that has the UV sensor.  As you can see, even though my sensor is recording a similar distribution, it is way out of whack.  This is more due to cloud cover and the fact that my sensor is not looking up.  Also, when I set the sensor up, it was pointed out a window through a screen so there are some artifacts to deal with.  The levels are way off here as well. Originally I was going to setup for a sample over an eight day period but I cut that short to be able to see some data.

What I am thinking here is that I need to put the sensors into a different enclosure, one with a glass window.  Oh yeah, the solar radiation results were even worse:



Anyway, I need to go back and rethink this thing. More later.