Labels

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

HomeLink HA Interface #3 - Started the breadboarding process using an RPiZW, Buck converter, and 850LM

So I was able to start breadboarding the whole HomeLink HA Interface last night with mixed success.  I first of all did the tests in HA #2, followed by connecting everything up to my breadboard test setup.  The overall setup that I am going for looks like this:



The converter board will actually be a breadboard connected to the RPiZW gpio pins.  I am planning to initially mount the Down Converter (Buck) to the same breadboard.  However, I need to get everything set up first before moving the parts to the RPiZW breadboard.  So, the initial physical setup looks like this:


The RPiZW is rather small compared to the LiftMaster 850LM, so piggy backing everything on one breadboard for the prototype is probably ok.  I also need to figure out a model to print from my 3D printer to contain everything.