Labels

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Added some Microsoft Office to the Mix

As much as I hate to say it, business runs on Microsoft Office. Are there better products out there that don't cost as much? Depends on what you need to do. So many people use Microsoft Office to do their writing and spreadsheet work that they typically assume that it is the only product available. Libre Office is coming into it's own. However, in order to remain compatible with my work situation, I purchased a copy of Office 2010. I got a really good deal primarily because it was purchased through a deal made with my work. I was able to get most of the packages that I use on a daily if not weekly basis. I am missing Visio and Project, but I really don't necessarily need them for home use since I bring my work laptop home every night.

Having Office at home allows me to now move some personal things that I had on my work laptop to my new big screen laptop. I may actually use my work laptop less and less. Go figure.


- LW