Labels

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What is the next great project?

I still have much work to complete the network Media Server as I have seen it. I need to ensure that my iPad is able to stream the HD content from my new HDHomeRun Prime. Right now, I am limited to the non-HD channels via the 3rd party HDHomeRun app. I am still unable to stream TV content through my PLEX client. Strangely enough this doesn't bother me so much since I do have a streaming capability on the new coffee table Laptop that I bought about two weeks ago. I updated the PLEX media server version last night and over the weekend I converted some more DVDs to digital form for streaming. I am still not at the point where the wife is using the Roku to get her DVD content (we have been concentrating most of our time helping the granddaughter do her homework at night). So things to be accomplished include:
1. get more DVDs from the library converted to digital form on the PMS
2. figure out how to stream the HDHomeRun Prime to the Roku via PLEX client
3. figure out how to stream TV content to the iPad via PLEX client
4. check out the output of the new coffee table Laptop on the living room HDTV
5. look into getting a new Roku if #1 and #2 pan out
6. possibly get rid of the second STB if #2 and #5 pan out


- LW