Labels

Friday, November 28, 2014

Working with a GuertDino

Ok, I now have a GertDuino in hand. I just happened to see it when I was in Micro Center. right now, I am planning on using it with the optical parts and the pollen parts of the weather station. It's Black Friday weekend and I think I will have some time to work on this. I have been facing a problem with how to transport the information from the sensors to my home network without having a physical connection, or just one cable. I have thought about using PoE injector/extractor pairs but that doesn't seem to be the correct way to do the job. The GertDuino might be a way that I can offload the sensor sampling from a RPi - not that I need to do such a thing; only that it is a neat use of technology to have a cross-platform sensor rig. Oh well, maybe I might use it for something else entirely. But a neat idea anyway.




-- LW