Labels

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Bringing Back the 1-Port Router

Ok, now I need to set up a Raspberry Pi 1-Port Router.  I know how to accomplish this (see the article here), I just have to go through the motions to implement it.  Strange - I am on SD052; I'm going to have to quit buying these things and start reusing the ones that I already have.  The setup was as follows:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install vlan shorewall

Then to get webmin setup and running, I did the following:

I added to /etc/apt/sources.list -

deb http://download.webmin.com/download/repository sarge contrib

I then got the key for the webmin repository -

sudo wget http://www.webmin.com/jcameron-key.asc
sudo apt-key add jcameron-key.asc

I then installed webmin -

sudo apt-get install perl libnet-ssleay-perl openssl libauthen-pam-perl libpam-runtime libio-pty-perl apt-show-versions python
sudo apt-get install webmin

I am going to use the 1-Port Router to connect between three different vlans, vlan4, vlan6, and vlan8.  Webmin will be used to setup the routing functions on Shorewall so that I can do the following:

  1. Have a firewall facing out towards vlan4 from vlan6; supply dhcp services to vlan4; allow only traffic from the Mac Mini to vlan4 from vlan6; and provide a one-to-one NAT ip from my WD MyCloud onto vlan4.
  2. Have a firewall facing out towards vlan8 from vlan6; supply dhcp services to vlan8; allow only traffic from the Mac Mini to vlan8 from vlan6; and provide a one-to-one NAP ip from my ubuntuServer VM cluster.


I am going to accomplish this by the following setup (TBD).