Labels

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Cluster #3 - Rearranged the Cluster for Experimentation

One of the issues that I have fixed is how to take each one of the RPis in the Cluster and be able to independently move them from one location to another.  I was able to achieve this by the use of a Netgear 116E 16-port managed switch.  Since I have 4 RPis in the cluster, I took up 8 ports on the switch and managed to be able to move things around at my convenience.  This was evident when I decided to take .101 and tie it to the same vlan as .100.  However, in this case I started up an openVPN setup following the instructions at https://github.com/StarshipEngineer/OpenVPN-Setup.  By having .101 on the switch, I was able to easily move the head from the LAN1 vlan to the CEH input vlan.  Now I can setup the openVPN independently from what I was intending on doing with .100.

Another interesting tidbit was that I was able to hook up the PowerLine adapter to the No-MansLand vlan in another area in my house and connect to it via the other PowerLine adapter on my front porch.  So I was able to do some updates to the RPi while sitting on my porch - and No-MansLand vlan was separated from the outside world.  Now what I want to be able to do is access specific vlans from outside using a double IPSec encryption setup.  More later.