Labels

Sunday, May 13, 2018

OVS Changes #2 - getting Docker containers to attach to the OVS bridges

Now that I have been successful with KVM VMs and their connections to the OVS bridges, I need to figure out how to do much of the same thing with Docker containers.  One of the reasons that I run ubuntuServer is because it is very easy (so they say) to get Docker containers running.  So now, what I am going to attempt is to startup a Docker container attached to one of the OVS bridges, used on a pfSense KVM VM.

So according to the site, http://containertutorials.com/network/ovs_docker.html, I have to do the following steps:

Install OVS (already done on my system) -

Install OVS-docker utility (already done on my system) -

Create an OVS bridge (already done on my system, except the bridge doesn't have an IP address) -

Create the docker container

Connect the container to the OVS bridge, such as
$ ovs-docker add-port ovs-br1 eth1 <container_name> --ipaddress=<ip_address_for_container>