Labels

Thursday, June 20, 2019

Network General - Removed Quantum and re-arranged network to cover

After discovering that the Verizon Quantum router had pretty much bit the dust, I replaced the MOCA network with a Motorola MoCA 2.0 adapter and moved the Cisco router into its place.  I am really disgusted with myself on not having done this sooner.  The Cisco is very capable of the throughput speeds that my FIOS connection provides.  In addition, I now have lots of vlan and QoS capability that I did not have before with the network.

I did discover however, when I went on a trip and dropped down a bunch of the equipment, that there are some network components that cannot be taken down without causing problems in other parts of the network.  As I am typing this, my PWS is currently down because I took power away from a necessary component.  So now I am on a mission to make the network efficient to be able to take most of the network down, including servers and the like, but still be able to function with other areas like the Television and Media transport.

So now I am on a mission to rearrange the patch panels and switch setup so that there will not be a hiccup in the future.