Labels

Monday, January 10, 2022

Turned off the Home Assistant and IOT Server

There were a number of changes I made to the network this week in preparation for the move to Greenspring:

  • Took down the RPiPWS and turned off the Tempest weather station.  This is now ready to be packed up.
  • I moved the NodeRed docker containers from RPiKodi to an LXC container on my Proxmox server.  I then took down RPiKodi and it is now ready to be packed up.
  • I copied the HA-IOT docker containers from the HA-IOT server to an LXC container on my Proxmox server.
  • This morning I turned off the HA-IOT server that has been running commanding my lights in the house.  The HA-IOT server and the switch that I was using to send back the data to my router are now ready to be packed up.
  • I then spun down the two LXC containers on the Proxmox server since they are no longer needed.
  • I removed the hardware IOT equipment from the living room and side room.  These are now ready to be packed up.
All of this seems like loosing an old friend that I have been playing with over these past few years.  But, in hindsight I did learn a lot and now I am ready to take on other challenges.  It will be a few weeks until I am packed and ready to move to Greenspring Village, but at least I will not have these items nagging me in the back of my head.