Labels

Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Turned off the PWS from streaming data to Weather Underground and CWOP

So, while I was out on vacation, my contractor did some work on the house in preparation for sale.  One of those things involved taking down my PWS from the chimney and painting it.  Since I am going to be moving into a retirement community at the end of the month, I decided to stop transmitting data to WU and CWOP in order for the data to remain "pure".

When I got home from vacation, I simply shut down the Raspberry Pi that had been running my weather station for almost 8 years now.  I don't think that I will remove the WU and CWOP IDs just yet.  That is for another time if I can't get the station back up in a good spot.  Right now, with 8 inches of snow on my deck, I will have to wait until some thawing before I will be able to find the Tempest station in order to turn it off.

Update: I have also signed out of Weather Underground and CWOP since I am no longer sending data.