Labels

Monday, August 24, 2015

CC #6 - Disappointed with SlingTV

I was in hopes that SlingTV would work out as a start towards cord cutting. I have been spending over $2400 per year on Verizon FIOS (TV - no movie channels, one STB, one DVR; land line; internet 25/25) and need to find a cheaper alternative.

The wife was very displeased with the results on SlingTV. First, there was the buffering on a couple of her favorite channels (I don't have the same buffering from Netflix on the same Roku 3) which was very disconcerting. Next, the lower volume levels on other channels like Food Network and TCM. The volume levels on ESPN and Disney were loud - but I don't watch ESPN or Disney, that is not what I wanted SlingTV for. Lastly, the user interface was abysmal and not that responsive even on a Roku 3. I was hoping the experience would have been better so I have cancelled the trial run, and will wait until Dish gets the bugs out.

 There was a thread on Reddit about this topic.