Labels

Friday, February 11, 2022

HomeLabUpdate #01 - Initial Rack Setup

 As I came into the Apartment, I had setup the rack to have (from top to bottom):

  • 24 port patch panel
  • Ubiquiti Edgerouter-12 Router
  • Short shelf for KVM and regular switch/ER-X
  • Netgear M4100-26g Switch
  • Panel with 4 Raspberry Pi 4s (RPiInject, RPiCICD, RPiLDAP, RPiPlex)
  • Panel with 4 Raspberry Pi 3Bs (RPiSecure, RPiPower3, RPiPower2, RPiPower1)
  • Shelf for containing WDMyCloud drives
  • Open area (2U) TBD on contents
  • Proxmox Server (2U case)
  • APC UPS (1U)

I had left 6 Ethernet cables connected, numbered #8-1 through #8-6.  When I got to the apartment, I added the GL-iNet SLATE router (in Repeater mode, without second SSID) as the input to the apartment's wifi system.  My printer is connected to the wifi system and I have connected the HA-IOT server to the back of my Acer Monitor with connections through the 4-way KVM switch.