Labels

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Weather Station Project #5 - CWOP up - Adding WeatherBug

The weather station has been humming along very nicely over the past several weeks.  Within a day, my data was put up to Weather Underground and I have been able to review what has been happening on my iPhone apps ever since.  I also got a station ID from CWOP and have been able to update the data to them since.  I got a communique from a CWOP handler and my data has passed the first wicket.  Now I need to find out how good the data is - they are doing some analysis on it.  Hopefully I will meet with a thumbs up and my data will be incorporated into the national weather picture.  My only hesitation at this point is noticing that my barometric pressure reading seems to be higher than the nearest two stations to me consistently.  I may have to calibrate it downward.  I am at a loss to determine how I might measure the value at my house to get an accurate reading.  But I will do some more research and make that determination.

Update: I noticed that the quality control site for my CWOP ID is now reporting an analysis line (as of last night).  So looks like I might be able to get a better feel for what is off kilter now.  Also thinking of putting a patch on the weewx software to send updates to WeatherBug network (if they will have me).

Just signed up for WeatherBug Backyard network.  Have a station ID and information.  Will need to modify the weewx software to accommodate http://sourceforge.net/p/weewx/wiki/weatherbug/ which is a patch to get information out to WeatherBug.