Labels

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

An Issue Has Arisen - VLAN Crossover

Methinks that the default setup for Mac OS X Mavericks opens the same ports for every VLAN that has been defined.  I thought that I was going crazy here because I thought that the default was no crossover connections between VLANs within my network.  I have been very careful to make sure that the router and switch setups do not cross over.  However, it would seem that Mavericks puts the same ports on each vlan that is defined in the Setup.  I don't want this, I want a separate set of ports to be open for each vlan from the Mac Mini.  The reason for this is that I want to do some SDN type things using Fusion on the Mac Mini, now I am not so sure that I will be able to do it.  I don't really understand PF as I am more of a Linux guy.  I will update as I find the answer.