Labels

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

CC#4 - Media VLAN has Changed to Support Cord Cutting

My Media vlan now looks like this:



The blocked out areas refer to equipment that is FIOS TV specific.  I am currently trying to figure out a scheme to get around having to use FIOS TV but still give me the things that I am used to using.  I still have the Windows Media Center, although it now only gets to the HDHomeRun Connect for OTA channels.  The Mac Mini will still be used as a Plex server in the arrangement.  I am going to use the WMC as the primary with the Plex server as the secondary use of media.  Note that I have a Roku3 in the mix now as I have removed the Apple TV that was upstairs due to Apple's insistence that they control everything.  Actually the Netflix control from the Roku3 box is much better.

So, the next actions to take include:

  • Get the HDHomeRun Connect running through WMC7
  • Install Ceton's WMC interface software
  • Ensure that the WMC7 works with the Echos
  • Get one or all of the iPads in the house to control the Ceton Echos in the house

That should give me a start.