Labels

Monday, July 20, 2015

CC#3 - Set up an HDHomeRun Connect on the Network

So, over the weekend I managed to setup an HDHomeRun Connect with a 50W OTA antenna.  I was able to scan the stations and display some of the OTA channels from the WMC7 box that I have in my network.  I was using the HDHomeRun Installer/Setup scripts to do this.  So far I have not ventured to attach the Connect to my WMC7 box because I already have a running HDHomeRun Prime setup that works.  I am a bit afraid to change it out in case I cannot get the Prime setup again.

I shouldn't be this cautious given all of the things that I have done with my network thus far.  I have gotten some sage advice from the Cord Cutters group on Reddit which I am about to try out.  I have a program which can selectively limit the channels on the WMC7 box.