I was attempting to determine how to connect a Raspberry Pi into 2 different networks using the power of OpenVSwitch. What I came up with used the following prompt:
"You are an expert user of bash on Linux and of virtual networking including Docker and LXC. Develop a set of CLI commands to use on a Raspberry Pi 4B using RaspiOS to use Open V Switch to:
1. Use OVS to split the networking into 2 or 3 separate name spaces so that the Raspberry Pi has an internal NAT separating a network using the Raspberry Pi’s wifi and a network using the Raspberry Pi’s ethernet.
2. Show the network setups in a Docker Compose yaml file to connect to the name spaces that have been defined.
3. The Docker Compose yaml file will separate the Docker containers to those on the wifi facing network and those on the ethernet facing network.
4. Both of the name spaces should have their own IP addresses defined from external DHCP sources.
5. Explain each step in the process, including installation and configuration of changes to the Raspberry Pi networking system and introduction of openvswitch software.
6. Document this setup in a Microsoft Word document that can be downloaded."
I now have a Microsoft Word document that I can execute items from to test out if this is going to work.