Labels

Thursday, August 27, 2026

Doing Some Cleanup and Adding and External RPi Cluster box

 I have needed to cleanup the rack and all of the cabling around the rack for some time.  I recently purchased a RPi Cluster Box which I will integrate with the HomeLab equipment in some form.  

I discovered that Uctronics changed their placement of the captive screws so that I cannot use the removable trays from the RPi racks in the new cluster box.  Since this is the second change that I have discovered in the equipment that I have bought from them, I can no longer recommend purchasing from them if you expect any kind of consistency in product.  If your purchase is to guarantee that you will have to remove the RPi from the removable tray in order to use them, so be it.

A general cleanup of the area around my desk is definately in order. This will also give me a chance to put things away that I have out from the equipment tubs that I am no longer using, and will give me a chance to figure out how I want to proceed from here on out.