Labels

Monday, October 22, 2012

Added a Plasma TV - Now Got to Get Her Done

Well, I added a plasma 51" TV to the mix over the weekend.  I am also not going to be going back for a Verizon STB.  So, this means I have to get a Media Center up and running.  Over the weekend, I used my Laptop to show TV on the new set.  I also moved one of the Apple TVs upstairs to run on the new set.  I had to redo the ethernet wire coming through the wall in order for it to work correctly.  I was able to successfully get streaming to happen, including HDTV, into the set.  I want to duplicate the setup on a desktop, with wireless keyboard/mouse and IR remote control.

I discovered over the weekend that I needed to move the incoming router.  When I did this I ended up having to plug in the switch upstairs to the incoming router.  This is not an ideal situation but it is a temporary fix until I get another ethernet wire from the managed switch through the hole in the floor to the upstairs switch.  Networking is getting complicated in the house.

-- LW