Labels

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Works - with Some Issues

It would seem that the Atom based micro computer (HTPC) that I bought is going to work out okay. I have been able to stream from my HDHR Prime without any difficulty except for the occasional pixelated line on the screen which appears to be Verizon FIOS TV (because it occurs on other STBs in the house as well). I am able to stream tunes and video from the Mac Mini and that counts for a lot. The one issue seems to be hibernation, when I tell the HTPC to keep running, something eventually causes the video stream to not run after a long time. What I mean is that normally I turn off the Plasma screen TV and leave the HTPC running; but after I wake up and try to get the setup to work, I find that the HDMI signal is missing and the Plasma TV doesn't see a signal on the HDMI line. There doesn't appear to be a setting that I can use to get around it. Not sure what to do here.
- LW