Labels

Thursday, October 11, 2012

The iPhone 5 And My Resistance

Well, I want to buy an iPhone 5. Why? Because I currently have an iPhone 3GS and I want to upgrade. Notice I used the term "want" and not the term "need". My 3GS is working just fine but it is starting (ha, has been) to get slow in it's connection to the outside world. It is strange that I use the 3GS more for looking things up than I use it for making phone calls. I am a little resistant to taking on the i5 right now because of some of the issues that have been noted: Maps, availability, and picture quality. I also have the little issue of an unlimited data plan with AT&T that I want to keep. I will probably be grandfathered into my old plan so I am a little less concerned. I use Google Maps a lot and that along with the lead times to get a new phone are keeping me from going to my local AT&T store to sign up for another 2 year period. I have had this same account since Cingular gave me my first Nokia back in the day many years ago.

I have decided that I will wait until Apple gets the lead time down to available now. Might not happen before Christmas but it does teach me patience.


- LW