Labels

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Just got a new Gertboard

I just received a new Gertboard for the RPi. It was home when I arrived from my trip to Florida. When I opened it up, I was expecting that there would be a ribbon cable amongst the items in the box. However, as I started looking through the user manual, it became apparent that I was wrong.




The Gertboard has a different connection when used with the RPi.




The Gertboard has a GPIO connector, but is turned away from the RPi. The kit does have standoffs, the assumption is that the combination sits on the table. I will now Need to determine if I can actually put a ribbon cable on the Girtboard and connect it to the RPi. The combination takes up a lot of real estate and is really not functional for use with the Robot HW that I am building up. I only have so much room on the piece of Lexan. What this will probably force me to do is use the Gertboard to make a circuit and then duplicate it on a breadboard. Then again, maybe I will use the Gertboard for other things.