Labels

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

May Have Found an In-Between Code for Arduino

I had an interesting question for one of the engineers this morning.  I asked him if he knew of any remote control for the Arduino in which a command could be sent to the Arduino for execution in lieu of programming the Arduino for a specific purpose.  Interestingly enough, I found the Firmata project (http://firmata.org/wiki/Main_Page).  This appears to be a protocol based upon the Midi control signals and is geared for micro-controllers of which the Arduino is one.  There is a load for the Arduino for the protocol server, and a test program to run from a side computer.  All software is available for both sides.  In looking through the protocol, it looks like it might do everything that I need it to do for experimentation purposes.  Obviously, I would program the Arduino to do specific tasks after I figure out what I need it to do.