Labels

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Strange Process You Go Through

It might appear to be a little weird that I have been concentrating on the hardware aspects of experiments prior to concentrating on the software aspects.  The reasoning is that:

1. I have something in mind that I want to do,
2. I visualize what it would take to do it,
3. Since I am not that familiar with the hardware devices, I order some that look interesting,
4. When I get the hardware in, I assemble it into an experiment package knowing that I will need to try out a few things prior to getting the final product,
5. Write out software for the experiments and choose the best course of action for the final product,
6. Design the software for the final product,
7. Changeout the hardware to accomodate the final product,
8. Code and test the software for the final product

I have more of an experimenter's mindset when it comes to these things.  I want to learn and the best way to learn is to try things out and come to some sort of a conclusion.  You not only get experience but it helps later when you are trying to design something else.