Labels

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Strange things you find out about

When I was at work last week, I talked to one of the other engineers and found out a few things about the Arduino, another single board computer. I found out that there is an IDE that you can use to compile and load new software into the Arduino. What I later found out was that the same IDE could be used to compile and load programs into the similar chip on the Gertboard. So I thought to myself why not start exploring the Arduino and find out some more about it, maybe I can use it in some of my experiments. Today I found out that you can put the Arduino IDE on the RPi as well as connect the Arduino and RPi together. So it looks like I will simplify my life somewhat and offload some of the tasking for watching the servos and distance sensors onto the Arduino. Yep, that's right, I went out and purchased one to use in my experimenters box.





That's a Ethernet shield on top, because I wasn't sure how I was going to get access to the Arduino from the RPi. Now we know.