Labels

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Was able to Setup Full Connection

Now that I have settled in on what the interfaces should be, I took the time to mount the Arduino and the Pololu Micro-Maestro onto the Lexan piece.  I did take advantage of the fact that the Lexan is not conductive, and just screwed the Maestro down onto the plastic without any kind of standoffs.




A close up of the connections is shown in the following picture.



I will say that I did at first have problems with the setup.  After I got everything mounted I tried out the Arduino test program that I had written, and I could not get it to work.  I started removing all kinds of wires and eventually got everything down to just the interface to the LCD panel and I got it to work.  What I did not realize was that when I turned on the power to the servos, I failed to turn on the master switch on the power platform.  That is why the servos would not operate, they did not have any voltage because I had removed the voltage jumper on the Maestro.  Once I figured that problem out I was able to get both the one servo and the LCD to respond.  Maybe I need a checklist.