Labels

Friday, September 11, 2026

I have been contemplating what changes need to be made to the rack and other components

 Right now I need to get the RPi Cluster Box onto the shelf.  I need to remove the WAP that I have hooked to my patch panel on my shelf.  By doing this I will free up some space on the shelf so that the equipment can fit.  

I also need to determine whether I should add the Edgerouter 12p to the mix.  I found out that I should be able to setup some of the ports on the 12p to act like a generic unmanaged switch with no router functions.  I will believe it when I see it however.  I am also not sure of how hot the 12p will get sitting on the shelf. It would make things a lot easier though.

So my immediate concern is to keep the SW116 on the shelf, preferably under the RPi Cluster and work on configuring the 12p later.  This should be a workable solution.  I have already started to determine which RPis will fit into the rack unit that I moved EXP0 through EXP3 from and become my new xPod elements.