Labels

Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Inventory Time

 Why is taking inventory at times in your homelab frought with difficulty? I periodically take inventory to remind myself of all the things I have bought over time and have not used yet.  I was amazed at the number of Raspberry Pis, Arduinos, and ESP32s I have in my tubs.  It does however give me a chance to figure out what new and different projects that I want to get into.  It also forces to the front all of the projects that got waylaid because I found something newer and shinnier out there.  Case in point: I discovered an UNO R3 board that was based on an ESP32 chip and I discovered an ESP32-P4 board which was size wise identical to a Raspberry Pi.  Who knew? 

I discovered a bankers box at the top of my double shelf system that had all kinds of electronic breadboards in the process of being activated into a project and had been stored away for later use.  I am in the process of re-arranging my rack to add an additional panel of RPis, mostly 3s and 2s.  Once I have that accomplished, I will be choosing what things I want the older RPis to do. I would like to concentrate on internal rack and HomeLab monitoring functions.  Not easy but possible to do in a short sequence of actions.  My other hobbies have gotten out of hand.