Labels

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Configuration for testing camera on iCreate

I thought a little more about what I was going to do after getting the software working on the Test Setup.  When I go to move the RPi and equipment onto the iCreate, I probably need some sort of a test platform.  Since I was already thinking about using multiple RPis, it occurred to me that I could just re-use the test setup with the iCreate by using a wireless interface.  The following diagram shows what I am thinking about.


As you can see in the diagram, the RPi with the PiFace fits nicely into a package that interfaces to the iCreate Command Module and a Distance Sensor.  I was thinking that I might need the distance sensor (around 30cm distance) to figure out what is in the way (chair legs, that kind of thing) and respond to it.  By keeping the test setup intact, I can then write code to interface to what the iCreate is doing.  This seems like a pretty elegant plan of attack for what I want.