Labels

Monday, February 25, 2013

Have had difficulty in getting interface to Pololu Maestro Servo controller

I have tried a whole bunch of things, trying to get the Pololu Maestro Servo controller to work with the RPi.  Although I was successful at loading the linux loads from the Pololu site, it turns out that it needs an i386 architecture which does not help me.  So what do I do now?  I have been searching all over the net looking for someone who has successfully used the RPi with this controller.  I may have to go back to my SSC-32 to get it to work.  I would really like to use the Maestro because the analog input has a lot more bits to play with.  Time will tell.

Update: I did manage to load the Pololu Maestro controller onto my laptop yesterday and this morning I was able to get the servos to move and read the output from the distance sensor.  So I at least know that the board works on a Windows 7 platform.  I just need to do the same thing via the RPi.