Labels

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Put in order for Gertboard

I put in an order yesterday for an assembled Gertboard, an additional RPi, a cable breakout from Adafruit, and a wire connector kit.  I decided on getting the Gertboard after looking through the user manual.  I am convinced that it gives a lot more control over what the RPi can do in terms of interfacing that what I have available with the PiFace.  However, right now I will deal with the PiFace and report on the pros and cons of making my Robotic interface.

The key detail that told me this would be a good buy was the fact that the Gertboard has a plug panel arrangement.  You only patch in the items that you wish to use.  There are different groupings of capability on the board, but you only have to interface to some of them, and arrange them in any order you wish.  Good design for experimentation!